Keep yourself and your loved ones safe this holiday season.
With the holidays finally upon us, we at AllStar Direct Insurance & Financial Services would like to wish you and all your loved ones happy holidays. While the holiday season is all about fun and togetherness, you also need to keep safety at the forefront of your mind. We at AllStar Direct encourage you to take these safety precautions to keep yourself and your loved ones safe this holiday season.
- Do not leave your oven or stove unattended while it is in use.
- Avoid using real candles to decorate your home. Electric or flameless candles are a much safer option for your home.
- Inspect all decorative lights for damage before hanging them up. Lights with cracked bulbs, frayed cords, or exposed wires pose a serious fire risk.
- Do not plug more than three strings of lights into an outlet or extension cord. This can overload the plugs, causing them to overheat and potentially spark a fire.
- Make sure you have your car serviced before you set out on your holiday travels. This will reduce the chances of your car breaking down on the side of the road.
- Check the weather conditions that you will face on your holiday road trip and prepare your car for these conditions accordingly.
- Watch out for drivers who are behaving erratically and recklessly. Do not engage with these drivers or react in a moment of road rage; simply avoid them and drive defensively around them.
Home Security Safety
- Before you leave for the holidays, keep your traveling plans on the down low. You do not want to advertise that your home will be uninhabited for days at a time.
- If you are leaving your home for the holidays, ask a neighbor or friend to check in on your home and collect your mail. This attention will reduce the chances of your home being burglarized in your absence.
- Investing in a good home security system is another great way to ensure that your home is not broken into while you are gone.
These are some of the precautions you should take to keep yourself and your loved ones safe this holiday season. Want another way to protect the ones you love most? Make sure you have the proper personal insurance protections in place. For assistance with all your coverage needs, contact us. We at AllStar Direct Insurance & Financial Services in Miami, Florida are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs today.